Last modified: October 25, 2021
To make this document easier to read, we’re going to use some shorthand throughout. For example, when we say “our sites” or “The Way of Life Church sites” (whether we reference them individually or collectively) we’re talking about the websites and applications offered by The Way of Life Church, including (but not limited to) thewayoflifechurch.com, twolc.com, and our mobile application, together with their subdomains and content. These are owned and operated by The Way of Life Church, which we’ll refer to as “The Way of Life Church,” “us,” or “we” throughout this policy. When we refer to persons interacting with The Way of Life Church in this policy, we’ll use the term “you.”
The Way of Life Church sites and all of their content is owned by The Way of Life Church.
Information We May Collect
Our goal in collecting information from you is to ultimately make your experience better as you use The Way of Life Church sites. Here are the pieces of information that we may collect when you use our sites.
- A name and an email address that will enable us to send emails to you – provision of an email address on this site equates to consent
- A name, email address, or phone number so we can follow-up with you
- Billing information including a name, address and credit card information will enable us to process any purchases or donations
- A name, email address, and phone number if you complete our contact form with a question.
Any information that you voluntarily provide equates to information that you are giving us the consent to use.
How Personal Information is Collected
- Visiting The Way of Life Church sites (cookies)
- Making a donation to The Way of Life Church
- Applying to work with The Way of Life Church
- Contacting us using email, phone or any other means
- Through third party-cookies (see the section on “Data Collection Technologies”)
Anonymous Data Collection and Use
In order to ensure that The Way of Life Church sites deliver a high quality experience, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems on our end and to manage our sites by identifying which areas of our sites are being used the most, and to fine-tune our content for your best interest. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection only follows your activities as you are using our sites, it does not follow your activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers.
Use of “Cookies”
We may utilize the “cookies” feature of major browsers.
You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our sites and some features may not work as intended.
Data Collection Technologies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies, for example, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Pixel, etc.
What happens with the information we collect
- It may be used to contact you
- For follow-up purposes
- For promotional purposes
- For troubleshooting purposes
- For informational updates
- It may be used to help process payments online
- Your personal information may be needed in order to process the payments that you could potentially be making to The Way of Life Church.
- It may be used during targeted social media or search engine advertisements
- From time to time, we may run social media advertisements that allow us to share specific marketing messages regarding events, etc. to specific people.
- Viewing by others
- Whenever you voluntarily provide Personal Information through the use of The Way of Life Church sites, you have consented to that information and its content, being seen, collected and used by others. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Storage and Handling of Personal Information
Personal Information obtained by The Way of Life Church sites is stored internally or through a data management system. We value your safety, so your Personal Information will only be accessed by people who are responsible for gathering, managing or storing it, or who have a legitimate need to access it. (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information regarding how your information is used and request a copy of what information we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the information is inaccurate, unlawful, or no longer necessary.
- Be forgotten from our systems, meaning we will erase your personal information from our databases. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Change your preference regarding whether you consent to our use of your information.
- Lodge a complaint if it is felt that any of your information has been unlawfully used.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hindrance.
- Object to our use of your information.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.